COME WORK WITH US
Join an Award-Winning Workplace
2021 Modern Healthcare
Best Places to Work in Health Care
2022 Modern Healthcare
Best Places to Work in Health Care
We support a culture that improves the health of our employees, the community, and the environment.
Don’t be afraid to try
Take smart risks to support sustainable work. We own mistakes and learn from them.
Everyone is important
Every person should be treated with benevolence, dignity, empathy, and respect.
Aim to get the right things done
Solve problems, don’t push solutions.
Strive to do our best
A high performing team challenges itself from within. We push each other.
PERKS. We’re more than just a job
We’re a pre-pandemic remote employer; we provide our employees with the technology and resources needed to work from the comfort of their homes.
Flexible Work Schedules
We offer flexible work schedules and unlimited paid time off because we trust our employees and understand that life happens during the “normal” work week.
We’re a learning organization that prioritizes professional development opportunities and career growth, regularly promoting from within.
We foster a safe space for our employees to talk about their individual differences, life experiences, and unique capabilities through voluntary employee resource groups focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) practices.
Reap the benefits of our affordable health care plans for employees and their families, a retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and more.
READY TO JOIN US?
Senior Data Analyst
Alliance for Better Health (Alliance) promotes and fosters an inclusive work environment built upon resiliency, trust, and steadfast commitment to our mission of making communities healthier. Forward-thinking creativity and diverse experiences are highly valued. As an Albany Business Review and Modern Healthcare Best Place to Work, we prioritize empowering our team to do their best work toward better health for all.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including affordable health care options for employees and their families, a retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and remote work options.
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for establishing and maintaining data analysis strategy and processes that support the organization’s mission, strategic initiatives, and contractual obligations. The Sr. Data Analyst collaborates closely with business and technical team, driving data-driven decisions to improve the health of vulnerable communities. This role has tremendous growth opportunity to manage a team of Data and Reporting Analysts.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Works with key business partners to understand business priorities and develop effective and timely analytic solutions.
- Develops clear and well-structured analytical plans and logical and conceptual data flows.
- Queries, links, validates, and analyzes data across multiple databases with a keen eye on data integrity.
- Analyzes social care data and calculates metrics, including health outcomes and costs savings.
- Presents and explains results of analyses, internally and externally.
- Identifies, evaluates, and documents potential data sources in support of project and contract requirements.
- Identifies and addresses expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on reporting and analytic outcomes.
- Looks for new data correlations that could be used to illustrate additional value to community partners.
- Investigates and analyzes data to identify trends that could benefit both internal and external clients.
- Identifies data discrepancies and opportunities for improved data capture.
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves data gaps that impact the fulfillment of business requirements.
- Ensures constant compliance with data standards and data sharing regulations and guidelines, with an emphasis on continuous quality control and process improvements.
- Translates business requirements into data and reporting technical specifications.
- Designs and develops ongoing and ad-hoc reports and dashboards for internal and external customers, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of data.
- Conducts data and reporting testing, when appropriate.
- Guides business departments in effective use of data.
- Provides data management documentation, inclusive of reporting and analytics platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, or related field required. (Equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.)
- Minimum of 5+ years data analysis experience utilizing large diverse data sets.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in health care or social care services industries.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel.
- Experience in performance tuning of reporting queries.
- Experience developing advanced SQL queries.
- Experience analyzing and conducting critical analysis to derive business insights (i.e., segmentation).
- Experience developing reports and dashboards in a Business Intelligence (BI) tool (i.e., Power BI, Tableau).
- Experience with Azure a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to transform data into information, information into complex analytics and analytics into actionable plain language to drive business decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate methods and results to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform quality control and troubleshoot with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Performs all work in accordance with Alliance Core Competencies and Values.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions including use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Alliance does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries Alliance for Better Health.
This job function involves potential access / interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject Alliance’s sanctioning policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background investigation including OIG List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and state Medicaid exclusion lists. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
At Healthy Alliance, our purpose is to improve health and empower the underserved. Every community has its own needs, affecting the health of those who live, learn, work, and play within them. Our network brings together organizations, big and small, to coordinate and collaborate so that all communities have reliable access to the resources they need. Why? Because every New Yorker deserves the same opportunity to be healthy.
As a 2019-21 Albany Business Review’s Best Places to Work and a 2021-2022 Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Health Care award recipient, we strive to maintain a culture wherein high-performing, mission-driven team members collectively work toward better health for all. Dedicated to promoting a culture built upon autonomy, mastery, and purpose, we believe our differences in strengths and perspectives play an integral role in propelling us forward, while our core values ground us, serving as the common thread that unites our team.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, operation, and support of all Information Technology offerings and services, with oversight from the IT and Security Manager. This role is responsible for the administration and handling of back-end infrastructure, software, networking, end-user computing, and incident response.
Primary responsibilities of the IT Systems Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Administer, troubleshoot, and support cloud-based applications and platforms, including Microsoft Azure (IaaS, Azure Active Directory, Azure VPN), Office 365 (SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange/Outlook), Intune MDM platform, Zoom Meetings/Zoom Rooms, Bitdefender, MimeCast, and others.
- Support and maintain office network, to include Zoom Rooms, Unifi networking components (security gateway/VPN, switching, access points), printers, and physical security hardware/software.
- Image, configure, deploy, and maintain both physical and virtual machines running various operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows Server OS, virtual appliances, mobile OS, and others.
- Schedule and periodically test system backups to simulate failures and, when necessary, recover data.
- Track licensing metrics, hardware, and storage utilization to develop a growth plan and forecast for future upgrades.
- Provide end-user support for both internal and external users, as well as onboarding/offboarding of users.
- Coordinate automated software upgrades and patching through Microsoft Intune MDM.
- Liaise with other technical team members to work through technical issues and large projects.
- Claim and resolve inbound incidents and service requests within designated SLAs.
- Regularly review log files, update technical documentation, audit permissions, and make recommendations for security improvements.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a combination of education, training, experience, or certifications in the areas of infrastructure, database administration, network, security, and/or Windows & Linux server administration.
- Minimum 5 (five) years of experience as a server administrator and/or network administrator.
- Previous IT, customer-facing experience required.
- Broad knowledge of the Office 365 suite, including new user creation, access groups/roles, security policies, Exchange, mailbox settings, subscription models, reports, and provisioning.
- Experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining infrastructure, applications, networking components, and databases in the Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
- In-depth experience with Windows Server and Desktop OS administration, including security components, permissions, account management, and application deployment.
- Fluent in Information Technology and Cybersecurity frameworks and concepts (ITIL, NIST, HITRUST, etc.).
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripting and leveraging the PowerShell ISE for development and debugging.
- Network systems (e.g., ISP, Security Gateway, Firewall, Switches, IP Phones, wireless devices).
- Network configuration and protocols (e.g., VPN, MFA, BGP, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, VoIP, SIP, QoS, CIDR notation).
- Experience with implementing centralized logging and monitoring.
- Experience working with third-party vendors on technical requirements for implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
- Knowledgeable in HIPAA regulations, financial and billing negotiation a plus.
Competencies and Skills
- Focuses on continuous improvement in team processes and practices.
- Service-oriented with a focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs.
- Security-conscious and able to identify risks, gaps, and potential for improvements in cybersecurity posture.
- Able to perform root cause analysis of problems and translate them into relevant solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain communications with internal and external customers to keep them updated with statuses of their requests, influence customers, and successfully set their expectations.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate client needs, articulate technical solutions and concepts through verbal and written communications in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Ability to work with remote work teams in a hybrid work environment.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and ability to work through ambiguity and frequent change as an expected part of a start-up culture. Approaches challenging tasks with a “can-do” attitude.
- Must demonstrate commitment to the company’s mission and vision with the ability to perform all work in accordance with our core competencies and values. Occasional travel and/or transport of equipment to/from alternate work sites or shipping facilities.
This position involves use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop, and cell phone. May include moderate work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds independently or with assistance. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Healthy Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment laws in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.
This job function involves potential access/interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Healthy Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state, and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject to Healthy Alliance’s sanctioning policy, which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.
Healthy Alliance is an at-will employer.